Gokyo Lake Trek
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
Everest base camp trek is more famous ,but if it is the the mountains and alpine scenery that counts, Gokyo trek is even better .Our destination is the serene lake of Gokyo located at 4750m and the near by Gokyo-Ri at 5350 m for the finest view of Everest and other mountains of the region.
A 45 minute spectacular flight takes us to the Lukla air strip , the gate way to Everest. Upto Namche we walk the same route as Everest base camp along the valley of Dudh Koshi river. After acclimatisation In Namche we keep on ascending passing through interesting Sherpa villages and beautiful landscape.On the eighth day we reach the pristine lake Gokyo with tremendously beautiful scenery. Next Morning we climb Gokyo Ri for spectacular view of Everest, Cho oyu, Lhotse and Makalu and the big Ngozumpa glacier, the biggest in Nepal.
We use the tea house lodges for our food and accommodation during the trek.All your belongings are carried by our porters and yaks.You just carry your day pack containing the items necessary in the trail.
Alternatively, from Gokyo we can cross the Renjo la pass which avoids tracing back same route and we descend via Thame village to Lukla. With Renjo la pass included , perhaps it is the best trek of Everest region.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Trek Preparation day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2640m)
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m)
- Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche
- Day 06: Trek to Phortse Thanga (3600m)
- Day 07: Phortse Thanga to Dole (4040m)
- Day 08: Dole to Machhermo (4410m)
- Day 09: Trek to Gokyo (4750m)
- Day 10: Trek to Gokyo Ri (5480m) and back to Gokyo
- Day 11: Trek to Dole (4040m)
- Day 12: Trek to Khumjung (3780m)
- Day 13: Trek to Phakding (2610m)
- Day 14: Trek to Lukla (2840m)
- Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu /Hotel
- Day 16: Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 17: Fly home
Note: The itinerary and the arrangements can be tailored to your need. A elephant back safari ,a rafting trip or a short trip to Tibet can be combined to this itinerary.
Plese Contact us for best price to this trek.
In order for us to quote you the price , write us with number of persons in your group, the category of hotels you would like to stay, whether you would like to use surface or air transport(where applicable )inside Nepal and your ammendment on our itinerary, if any. The price we quote will include and exclude the following.
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Domestic airfare and airport tax
- Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing , BB basis
- Fooding, lodging and other expenses of trekking crew
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days
- Necessary permit and national park fees
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
Not included in the price
- Single supplement charges (if required.)
- Departure tax from Kathmandu ($24 approx.)
- Personal equipments and clothing
- International airfare and your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages
- Personal expenses and tips to the crew
Trekking in Everest Region
Everest mini trek - 7 Days
This is the shortest possible trek in Everest region. We take you to Sherpa capital of Namche Bazzar, Khumjung village and some important view points in Everest region offering close view of Everest and other mountains.
Everest Basecamp trek - 16 Days
This trek takes you to the base camp of the Everest, a place used by climbing groups as their base camp before ascending Everest. It is truly a great trek justifying its fame .The alpine sceneries, extraordinary mountain views...
Gokyo trek - 17 Days
This trek follows same route as Everest Base camp trek till half way then heads for the pristine Gokyo valley . The serene Gokyo lake and the Gokyo valley are extraordinary place to trek. The view of Everest and other mountains from...
Nepal is best known for the world's highest mountains and beautiful trekking trails but we have a great variety of experiences to offer to the visitors .Kathmandu and the nearby towns of Patan and Bhaktapur are regarded as open museum of medieval arts and architecture , boasting a total of seven UNESCO world heritage sites.