Everest Base Camp Trek
Trek Mount Everest Base Camp
A face to face with Everest is a long held dream for many . This amazing trek to the base camp of Everest fulfills the same .The Everest Base Camp trek follows the classic expedition route along Dudh Koshi river, the trail passing through alpine forests of pine and rhododendron, beautiful Sherpa villages and secluded Buddhist monasteries on the high Himalayas . The trek ends with a visit to the base camp of Everest and then the ascent of Kala Pattar for superb views of Mount Everest . The Everest Base Camp trek truly deserves its reputation and is one of the most rewarding trek anywhere.
A fantastic 45 minute mountain flight takes us to the Lukla airstrip, the gateway to Everest region. From Lukla we trek slowly upwards to the Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar, following the valley of the Dudh Kosi river .We stay for one day in this delightful Sherpa village for acclimatization ( adjusting our body to high altitude, to the lower oxygen level) . As we leave Namche we glimpse our first view of Everest as it peeks above the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge. Everest is still few days' walk away, but with careful acclimatization we keep on ascending , soon to find ourselves in Gorakshep. We visit the Everest base camp but the view is better from a small ridge of black rock called Kalapattar. Kalapattar gives a breathtaking view of Everest and the Khumbu icefall.
As soon as you arrive in Everest region , you soon notice that Mount Everest is just one of the many jewels to make this region so famous. Many other mountains here are as beautiful as Everest. The Sherpa villages and Buddhist monasteries are other highlights of the trip. Special noteworthy is the monastery in Tengboche . Every climbing group seeks the blessing of the Lama of this monastery before they move ahead and the Mani Rimdu festival celebrated here is the biggest Sherpa festival of the region.
As soon as you arrive in Everest region , you soon notice that Mount Everest is just one of the many jewels to make this region so famous. Many other mountains here are as beautiful as Everest. The Sherpa villages and Buddhist monasteries are other highlights of the trip. Special noteworthy is the monastery in Tengboche . Every climbing group seeks the blessing of the Lama of this monastery before they move ahead and the Mani Rimdu festival celebrated here is the biggest Sherpa festival of the region.Everest Sherpa Trek
Everest lies in the Everest National park , a world heritage site declared by UNESCO. It houses a great species of alpine flora and fauna. In Spring you can see the spectacle of blooming of rhododendron flower and in summer the wild flowers bloom in higher slopes of Everest valley. You will also see the Impeyan Pheasant and Himalayan goats called “ Thar “ during your trek among other animals.
During our trek we sleep and eat in Mountain lodges called " tea houses". A guide will escort you and porters and yaks will carry your belongings .This is truly a classic trek which undoubtedly gives one of the best mountain views in the world.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Flight to Lukla ( 45 mins ) and trek to Phakding (2610m)
- Day 03: Phakding to Namchebazzar (3440m)
- Day 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazar
- Day 05: Namche Bazar - Tengboche (3860m)
- Day 06: Tengboche -Dingboche(4410m)
- Day 07: Acclimatisation day at Dingboche.
- Day 08: Dingboche - Lobuche (4910m)
- Day 09: Lobuche - Gorakhshep(5140m), visit Everest base camp.
- Day 10: Visit Kalapathar (5545m) early morning , take breakfast and trek to Lobuche
- Day 11: Lobuche - Tengboche
- Day 12: Tengboche - Jorsale (2800m)/ Phakding
- Day 13: Jorsale / Phakding - Lukla (2840m)
- Day 14: Fly back from Lukla to Kathamndu, rest and shopping
- Day 15: Kathmandu sightseeing, evening celebrate your Everest Base Camp Trek with farewell Nepali dinner.
- Day 16: Fly back home/onward destination
USD 1480.00 per person (2+ person in a group)
USD 1780 for solo trekkers.
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary including arrival and departure transfers by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla return airfare for you and our staffs.
- Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing, bed and breakfast basis
- Three meals with tea and coffee during the trek, accommodation on mountain lodges.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit and national park fees
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
Not included in the price
- Nepal visa (requires USD 40 in cash and one photograph, granted upon arrival in Kathmandu airport)
- Nepal internal airport tax $ 2
- Personal equipments and clothing
- Your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
FAQs on Mount Everest Base Camp Trek
1. How fit do I need to be for this trek ? Can people of my age do this trek ?
Everyone with good fitness and without any physical problems can do this trek. Doing exercises like swimming , jogging etc before arriving Nepal will help a lot. The most important things to consider for a successful Everest trek are right amount of walking and enough rest - at least two days of rest /acclimatization . We have seen over the years that very fit young people had to abandon the trek where as people in their sixties doing it very comfortably. This is simply because those young people did not take enough rest and neglected the advice on altitude sickness.
2. What if we can not fly from Lukla to Kathmandu on the planned day due to bad weather ?
This is usual problem during summer and also during January and February. So , you are advised to have one spare day incase of flight cancellations and also suggested to do the Kathmandu sightseeing at the end of the trek because in case of flight cancellation you can use the sightseeing day as an extra day for the trek.
3. What kind of food do I get in the trek ? What is a mountain lodge like ?
You get a la carte menu to choose the food from and mostly the food is continental and Nepali.The mountain lodges are simple family run inns with good basic facilities like clean bed and toilets but do not expect luxury on them. Some of them have attached baths and at some of them , you have to share bathroom with often two other rooms.
Trekking in Everest Region
Everest mini trek - 7 Days
This is the shortest possible trek in Everest region. We take you to Sherpa capital of Namche Bazzar, Khumjung village and some important view points in Everest region offering close view of Everest and other mountains.
Everest Basecamp trek - 16 Days
This trek takes you to the base camp of the Everest, a place used by climbing groups as their base camp before ascending Everest. It is truly a great trek justifying its fame .The alpine sceneries, extraordinary mountain views...
Gokyo trek - 17 Days
This trek follows same route as Everest Base camp trek till half way then heads for the pristine Gokyo valley . The serene Gokyo lake and the Gokyo valley are extraordinary place to trek. The view of Everest and other mountains from...
Nepal is best known for the world's highest mountains and beautiful trekking trails but we have a great variety of experiences to offer to the visitors .Kathmandu and the nearby towns of Patan and Bhaktapur are regarded as open museum of medieval arts and architecture , boasting a total of seven UNESCO world heritage sites.